Why Eat Local?
Eating local food reduces greenhouse gas emissions
• Produce found in grocery stores travels an average of 2404 km while local food travels an average of 90km.
Local food tastes better and is more nutritious
• The local food has not travelled as far and therefore is fresher, and studies have shown that nutrient content is significantly higher in locally sourced produce.
Buying from local producers promotes a healthy economy
• When you but local food you support the local farmers.
• This supports local growth and employment in that area
• It increases stability of the farms
|Granite Town Farms||151 Brunswick St – St. George, NB||506-755-6314|
|Hawkins Farms||75 Rte 785 – Pennfield, NB||506-755-6241|
|McKay’s Blueberries||46 McKay Loop Rd – Pennfield, NB||506-755-3457|
Seafood & Fish
|Canadian Halibut Inc.||420 Rte 172 – Letang, NB||506-755-1203|
|Misty Island Seafood||150 White Head Rd – Grand Manan, NB||506-662-4224|
|Northern Harvest Sea Farms||204 Limekiln Rd – Letang, NB||506-755-6192|
|Oven Head Salmon Smokers||101 Oven Head Road – Bethel, NB||506-755-2507|
|R & M Fish Shack||40 Rte 172 – Back Bay, NB||506-755-6560|
|Wolfhead Smokers||420 Rte 172, – Letang, NB||506-755-1203|
|Bantry Bay Farms||80 Bantry Bay Farm Rd – Bayside, NB||506-529-4576|
|Bruce’s Fiddleheads||41 Church St – St. Stephen, NB||506-466-2759|
|Reds Greens Nursery||92 Basswood Ridge – Oak Hill, NB||506-466-4184|
|Warrington Farms||122 Murray Rd – Harvey, NB||506-366-3242|
|Terry’s Beef N’ More||102 Main St – St. George NB||506-755-3210|
|Country Market||23 Main St – St. George, NB||506-755-3316|
|Four C’s Market||16 Brunswick St – St. George, NB||506-755-6137|
|Spice Box Comestibles||171 Water St – St. Andrews, NB||506-529-8520|